Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Internet Update, and a Mini-Contest

Let's start with an update on my internet service. A week or so ago, I got an invoice from Earthlink for a $149.95 "early termination fee", apparently for the service that they were never able to provide me. I spent some time online in 'live chat' with a service representative, and now they SWEAR that that's going to go away and I'll get a credit for that. We'll see.

And today's e-mail of the day is from the FDA recalls mailing list. It says:

Bao Ding Seafood of New York, NY 10002 is recalling Boiled Horse Mackerel, because it has the potential to be contaminated with clostridium botulinum, a bacterium which can cause life-threatening illness or death.Consumers are warned not to use the product even if it does not look or smell spoiled.


There are so many one-liners that can be tossed at that e-mail. I invite my reader(s) to submit the most bon mot response to reading that. The winner shall be announced, well, when I feel like it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Umm, how can you tell?

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    The Chinese government reminds you Bao Ding botulism is a rare delicacy enjoyed by millions.

    Eat Boiled Horse Mackerel from Bao Ding for the experience of a lifetime!

    In the race to the bottom, Bao Ding Horse Mackerel stands alone.

    Bao Ding, the only Chinese Horse Mackerel containing real horse.

    Only Bao ding gives you extra ingredients at no extra charge

    Botulism - Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it the Bao Ding way!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home