Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Okay, so a vacation is no fun unless you get sick when you get home, right? So this one must have been lots of fun. So in honor of today's day home from work, we shall have the initial installment of "here are some pictures from the trip so I can continue to procrastinate packing".

So, here is the requisite Jesus shot. Praise Jesus! The day before this shot was taken, I had taken the funicular up to this very same Jesus. I don't know why -- I hate heights. But I'm not too smart, as I am taking this picture from the top of another tall mountain that I wasn't too thrilled to be upon.




And now for something completely different -- two men dancing! This is in the home of the tango, an equal opportunity dancehall.



And finally, here is something that turned all of us into total tourists. On our first night in Santiago, we were famished, and we decided to splurge on a very nice dinner. As it was a Monday night in the middle of winter, we were the only folks in the place. When they brought the dessert cart around, I said "what the hell" and ordered what I thought was a nice little bit of passionfruit mousse. So the guy takes a slice of the mousse, puts in on a plate, and spends the next five minutes fussing with the plate. We're all kind of looking at each other, wondering what on earth is taking so long to serve mousse. He's fussing and fussing and we're thinking "oh well, they don't have the same sense of urgency here". Then he puts this in front of me...



We just thought it was the coolest thing -- the guy was an artistic genius. Naturally, we all had to whip out our cameras and take pictures (tourist geeks), and everyone else had to therefore order dessert. We got birds, penguins, and doggies, all of which were recorded for posterity. It was hard to mess up the sauces, and we all ate around them, but my friend Tim finally broke the ice and went first.

Is it time for my next vacation yet? Anyone want to help pack and move?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home