The Government Is Here To Help
Since we had so much fun with yesterday's recall notice, I'll show you another:
I'm going to continue to rack up points as the "worst mother in the world" competition, as we have this book and I have no intention of returning it. "High levels of lead" in a solitary dot sewn in on one page. I mean really. The panic about certain things is just astonishing. He's not sitting here eating paint chips off walls painted in the sixties. There's a cloth book that he turns the pages of, that's it. If any of the small pieces looked like they were going to come off, I'd cut them off so he doesn't swallow them. It's not like it's made from waste from the inside of a nuclear reactor.
Since we had so much fun with yesterday's recall notice, I'll show you another:
Children's "Big Rex and Friends" Cloth Books Recalled Due to Risk of Lead Exposure
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following products. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of Product: "Big Rex and Friends" Cloth Books
Units: About 204,000
Importer: St. Martin's Press LLC, of New York, N.Y.
Hazard: A red plastic dot sewn in the book contains high levels of lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
I'm going to continue to rack up points as the "worst mother in the world" competition, as we have this book and I have no intention of returning it. "High levels of lead" in a solitary dot sewn in on one page. I mean really. The panic about certain things is just astonishing. He's not sitting here eating paint chips off walls painted in the sixties. There's a cloth book that he turns the pages of, that's it. If any of the small pieces looked like they were going to come off, I'd cut them off so he doesn't swallow them. It's not like it's made from waste from the inside of a nuclear reactor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home