Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What the hell?

I came across a new level of unbelievable this evening. It was about 8:30, and the phone rang. I picked it up and there was a recording on the other end, saying "please hold for a message from the Virginia Association of Firefighters. Please hold on".

It was a recording. For phone spam. I was supposed to wait for them to hit me up for money? And this was one of the "charities" that has an 85 percent "administrative cost overhead". It's incredible -- you call ME at home after dinner, and I'm supposed to stay on hold until you decide to come on the line? WTF?

I have to say that I'd much rather have e-mail spam than that crap. No need to sign me up for more e-mail spam, though, I've got plenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home