And She's Not Such A Goody Two-Shoes Any More
Dammit -- I got my first speeding ticket ever yesterday, and I'm pissed. Not too much to say in my defense -- it's a typical story. Quick change in speed from 35 to a 25 mph speed zone, bottom of a hill, end of the month. All of this equals police camped out and waving people over. I didn't think I was particularly speeding, although I have noticed that my car doesn't really go below 30 -- if I just give it gas and let it go without adding any more, the car kind of moseys along between 30-35. They clocked me going 40 -- oooh. Not really off if you think you're in a 35 mph zone, but at 25 -- that's points, baby.
I'm hoping that my insurance won't nail me too much. I'm just going to call the number and pay the fine -- not going to faff about with traffic court -- what are you supposed to say there?
Oh yeah, and my rear brake light was out. The "nice" police officer didn't write me up for that. Woo. If he was really nice, he would have knocked one mph off the radar and dropped me a point. I know they think they're 'making an example', but for god's sake, he could see from his records that I've never been pulled over before, am not a chronic speeder, and don't even have any parking tickets (which in the People's Republic of Arlington is VERY hard to do -- they're evil here). I didn't cry, argue, beg or even scowl. We were both like "it happens". Not to me it doesn't.
Oh well, such is life. I really am calmer now than I used to be, though, as I never really stressed over it. Didn't hit anyone or anything, no one was harmed, and if my rates go up, my rates go up. At least this wasn't Kansas which where they pull you over, it's at gunpoint, they take you out and shoot you, or if you're me, they take you out, rape you, film you, and execute you live on camera.
But I still wish he would have knocked it down one mile.
Dammit -- I got my first speeding ticket ever yesterday, and I'm pissed. Not too much to say in my defense -- it's a typical story. Quick change in speed from 35 to a 25 mph speed zone, bottom of a hill, end of the month. All of this equals police camped out and waving people over. I didn't think I was particularly speeding, although I have noticed that my car doesn't really go below 30 -- if I just give it gas and let it go without adding any more, the car kind of moseys along between 30-35. They clocked me going 40 -- oooh. Not really off if you think you're in a 35 mph zone, but at 25 -- that's points, baby.
I'm hoping that my insurance won't nail me too much. I'm just going to call the number and pay the fine -- not going to faff about with traffic court -- what are you supposed to say there?
Oh yeah, and my rear brake light was out. The "nice" police officer didn't write me up for that. Woo. If he was really nice, he would have knocked one mph off the radar and dropped me a point. I know they think they're 'making an example', but for god's sake, he could see from his records that I've never been pulled over before, am not a chronic speeder, and don't even have any parking tickets (which in the People's Republic of Arlington is VERY hard to do -- they're evil here). I didn't cry, argue, beg or even scowl. We were both like "it happens". Not to me it doesn't.
Oh well, such is life. I really am calmer now than I used to be, though, as I never really stressed over it. Didn't hit anyone or anything, no one was harmed, and if my rates go up, my rates go up. At least this wasn't Kansas which where they pull you over, it's at gunpoint, they take you out and shoot you, or if you're me, they take you out, rape you, film you, and execute you live on camera.
But I still wish he would have knocked it down one mile.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home