Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Watch This Space...

As some of my loyal readership may already know, I shall soon retake up residence in Kansas. Oh, those flowing fields of grain, happy, friendly natives, and stray puppies cuter than a button. I can't wait! I'm delirious with anticipation. Or is it insanity? I get those confused.

I blame all of you for not smacking some sense into me, by the way. I think many of the people whose job it is to knock some sense into my head were already foolish enough to head out to Kansas, and were egging me on "hey, come on out, the water's fine, you'll love it here, real estate's cheap...." My colleague at the next desk over from me has been out there for a while now, and he didn't keep up his part of keeping the "negativity quadrant" going in our section of the office. I think I was drinking too much happy juice and I found myself with a lovely ticket to Wichita rather than enquire if management was smoking crack again. I'm a Right Coast girl through and through, when I'm not from outer space. What do I know about grain silos, twisters, and that middle bit of the country? I don't think they even have a Nordstroms out there. Where will I get cute shoes?

Even though Kansas is a de facto outpost of the US, they tend to have slow bandwith problems (problems in the flyover states, I hear), so I will be more likely to update this blog while I'm gone to give updates. (I can hear you all saying "well, it can't be any less than she's doing it NOW"). Tune in for the requisite amount of griping over the cuisine, their natives, our natives and the weather. I'm told things have changed a lot, so I'm sure there will be whole range of new gripes and observations.

Catch you on the other side...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home