Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, Campers

A Merry Christmas to all my loyal readers. I'm refusing to do the generic "Happy Holidays", because as politically incorrect as it is, I've come to the conclusion that while everyone may not need Christ, everyone can use a little Christmas. So pull up a chair, have some cookies, open some presents, and blow this month's paycheck on an on the electric bill for an obscene amount of twinkly lights. Of course, if you're having a lovely, greasy latke and Berliner kind of of holiday today, enjoy the heck out of that too, although after yesterday's and today's feasting, the idea of fried anything is making me a little queasy.

There shall be some variation of picture Sunday when I get back, but while I have the pictures (and big surprise, Bogie The Puppy figures prominently in them), I do not have the means to upload them from here.

The really scary thought is that because I'm using my parents' computer which has weird cookie settings, it probably means that if they ever were to come to this site, they could log in as me and blog away. I wonder what they'd say. They'd probably put me up for auction to the highest bidder with a Y chromosome and a pulse, with the understanding that grandchildren must be forthcoming. Somehow, at the moment, I don't think I'd fetch even two quatloos. Actually, I'd probably fetch a lot of quatloos from the people who know what quatloos are, but not a plugged nickel from anyone else. Hmm, I think I'd better go in and start deleting some cookies.

Hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas this year. I shall probably be spending most of New Year's weekend on the couch watching this year's crop of DVDs -- Stripes (extended cut), me in Moscow (our trip in 2003 was actually recorded and sold because of the rock-star Russian opera singer who was the soloist), and...Sullivan's Travels! Finally get to see that one. Woo hoo! Anyone who wants to come over and watch is more than welcome to join me. (unless you're one of those new readers who knows what a quatloo is, then I'm not home)

Let me get this posted before the date up top changes. In the words of Clement Moore -- Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home