I Know I Broke My Cardinal Rule, But....
Today, I broke my cardinal rule of not shopping on the weekend after Thanksgiving. As far as I'm concerned, it's amateur hour. However, this morning my bathrobe hook broke from the back of the bathroom door, and the only place I know that consistently sells the replacements in the correct size is Bed, Bath, and Beyond. So I waited until about 5:30, to let the throngs die down, and headed over to BBaB. And am I glad I did! Because, see what I found there....
Yes, kids -- special to BBaB is Hermey! And Rudolph, and a few other characters (I'm ashamed to say I forget who the lumberjack dude is, but he was there in force). And Hermey sings! "Why am I such a misfit...?" So everyone head on out to your local shop to get your personal clone of our favorite gay elf dentist mascot.
It's amazing how a ten-dollar doll made in some sweatshop can pull one out of a serious funk. I assume I'll go back to moping tomorrow, but for tonight, I'm set. Me and Hermey on a rockin' Saturday night. Too bad he's gay. Damn.
Today, I broke my cardinal rule of not shopping on the weekend after Thanksgiving. As far as I'm concerned, it's amateur hour. However, this morning my bathrobe hook broke from the back of the bathroom door, and the only place I know that consistently sells the replacements in the correct size is Bed, Bath, and Beyond. So I waited until about 5:30, to let the throngs die down, and headed over to BBaB. And am I glad I did! Because, see what I found there....
Yes, kids -- special to BBaB is Hermey! And Rudolph, and a few other characters (I'm ashamed to say I forget who the lumberjack dude is, but he was there in force). And Hermey sings! "Why am I such a misfit...?" So everyone head on out to your local shop to get your personal clone of our favorite gay elf dentist mascot.
It's amazing how a ten-dollar doll made in some sweatshop can pull one out of a serious funk. I assume I'll go back to moping tomorrow, but for tonight, I'm set. Me and Hermey on a rockin' Saturday night. Too bad he's gay. Damn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home