Okay kids, I'm in love with this stuff. This is one of those things that you say "who on earth really needs it?" Well, last week a friend took me to a "fall makeup trends fashion show". You know the type -- all the fancy pants cosmetics companies show up and try to talk you into buying the most overpriced crap. The Smashbox guy gets onstage and talks about the company and the products, and he's actually remotely interesting. His junior assistant comes around and puts little dabs on the backs of our hands and tells us to rub it in. Well, the skin gets really soft and stays that way. I had heard another friend rave about this stuff, so I decided at the end of the day to get some. (This stuff had sold out by the time I got there so I went back after wandering around other places while they shipped some in from the airport. Really.) I also got their luminizing lotion, as Revlon had stopped making the glowstick I liked and I'm already overspending, right?
Well, I've started using this stuff this week. I've had a week, let me tell you, and I have discovered that when you use this under makeup at 6:45 am, all of your makeup is still there at 11 pm, no shine, and soft skin. It's amazing. I wish I didn't need to know how makeup lasts from 6:45 until 11 pm, but that's a separate story. So ladies, (or gentlemen, don't want to make assumptions, or if Eddie is reading this), this is worth the money if you're up for a splurge.
Side note to cosmetics company reps, especially you "women of a certain age". You shouldn't get on stage with bad teased hair, makeup that looks like it's been put on with a trowel, and overplucked eyebrows that are then redrawn in with a very fake looking pencil. Doesn't inspire me to want to consider your products, you know?
Well, I've started using this stuff this week. I've had a week, let me tell you, and I have discovered that when you use this under makeup at 6:45 am, all of your makeup is still there at 11 pm, no shine, and soft skin. It's amazing. I wish I didn't need to know how makeup lasts from 6:45 until 11 pm, but that's a separate story. So ladies, (or gentlemen, don't want to make assumptions, or if Eddie is reading this), this is worth the money if you're up for a splurge.
Side note to cosmetics company reps, especially you "women of a certain age". You shouldn't get on stage with bad teased hair, makeup that looks like it's been put on with a trowel, and overplucked eyebrows that are then redrawn in with a very fake looking pencil. Doesn't inspire me to want to consider your products, you know?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home