Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Since I haven't blogged in a while, I'll just leave you all with this thought.

This morning, I went to vote in one of the most depressing races I have ever voted in, and that's saying a lot -- Bush/Kerry; Bush/Gore anyone? This is for the automatic lame-duck one-term Virginia governor.

The other night, as I was flipping through the channels I came across the debate. I had been hearing and seeing ads (entirely negative ads from the Republican, only mostly negative from the Democrat). I got my first real look at them -- it was revolting. One looked and sounded like a third-rate televangelist with a bad combover, the kind who only rates the 3am slot on TV. The other guy had some kind of facial abnormality in which he really, really, really looked like Jack Nicholson's Joker after the vat of acid incident. Both sounded like idiots, although Joker could actually string together words and had a thought or two. Mr. Wishes-He-Could-Be-Jim-Bakker couldn't say anything other than "You are a LIBERAL. You will raise TAXES". Doesn't matter what the question was.

So after watching that, I realized that Virginia governors don't do squat, don't ever bother to come up to our part of the state, and then voted for the guy who was the least for the local traffic program I loathe.

But the real reason I voted was the number of people who are being killed in Iraq in order to become candidates, form parties and just get out and vote. The number of people on our side who are dying to help them get there. The least I can do is walk across the street and vote. But man, what a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home