Some Random Thoughts For A Weekend
First, I want to start with a tidbit I came across yesterday. I was very sad to hear about this. While not particularly famous, I always just liked her. She seemed like a fun person to know. One of these days that cancer person is going to have a lot to answer for, when I meet him in a dark alley.
I realize that I'm getting very old. And cranky. My patience for really young, really ambitious people is wearing thin. While I'm simply amused by the well-meaning but eager ones, ("just calm down there, cowboy, before you strain something"), the arrogant ones just get on my wick. A particularly arrogant one took me on yesterday, and paid quite dearly. I was strangely invigorated and ennervated by the experience. ("Woo hoo! This means war! But I'm too old for this sh*t"). My boss and I looked around the other day and asked "what happened to us -- we used to be these people?"
People should not be allowed on the roads until they have a special permit to drive in inclement weather. In the DC area, that means when one drop of rain or one drop of snow appears somewhere in the mid-Atlantic region. We had a lot of wet snow/slush/sleet that ended yesterday morning, so once it got dark it started to refreeze. I was driving home last night with two sets of idiots -- those who wanted to get out of the situation as quickly as possible so would take turns and roads at very high speeds and liked to tailgate (I had three separate cars so close to me last night that I couldn't see their headlights), and those who were so intimidated that they would slow down to five miles per hour at the bottom of hills, and then RIDE THEIR BRAKES over the icy parts. Idiots.
Happy Saturday. I'm going back to bed.
First, I want to start with a tidbit I came across yesterday. I was very sad to hear about this. While not particularly famous, I always just liked her. She seemed like a fun person to know. One of these days that cancer person is going to have a lot to answer for, when I meet him in a dark alley.
I realize that I'm getting very old. And cranky. My patience for really young, really ambitious people is wearing thin. While I'm simply amused by the well-meaning but eager ones, ("just calm down there, cowboy, before you strain something"), the arrogant ones just get on my wick. A particularly arrogant one took me on yesterday, and paid quite dearly. I was strangely invigorated and ennervated by the experience. ("Woo hoo! This means war! But I'm too old for this sh*t"). My boss and I looked around the other day and asked "what happened to us -- we used to be these people?"
People should not be allowed on the roads until they have a special permit to drive in inclement weather. In the DC area, that means when one drop of rain or one drop of snow appears somewhere in the mid-Atlantic region. We had a lot of wet snow/slush/sleet that ended yesterday morning, so once it got dark it started to refreeze. I was driving home last night with two sets of idiots -- those who wanted to get out of the situation as quickly as possible so would take turns and roads at very high speeds and liked to tailgate (I had three separate cars so close to me last night that I couldn't see their headlights), and those who were so intimidated that they would slow down to five miles per hour at the bottom of hills, and then RIDE THEIR BRAKES over the icy parts. Idiots.
Happy Saturday. I'm going back to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home