Some Random Thoughts For a Monday
Happy New Year, kids! I'm not sure whether I want another one just like last year or whether I'm really glad to have seen the back of it. It was an odd one, and certainly different. Let's see what 2006 holds.
First, I would like to introduce you to my newest pet. It's... the iDog!

I can honestly say that I was not expecting one of these for Christmas, but here he is. He dances to the music and you need to "feed" and pet him. You feed him with your music, either from the air, or you can input an audio device directly into it. He triples as a speaker for my iPod, although a tinny one. He barks, wags his head and ears, has multi-colored blinky lights on his head, and is a total skootch (skutch? -- Do we have someone who can spell Yiddish out there?) if the room goes quiet. If you tap his tail, he shuts up for five minutes, but growls at you. And like Data on ST:TNG, he does have a secret switch to shut him down.
However, you can tell that he's designed for a younger crowd, because the color of LED you see depends on what kind of music he's "fed" -- red for rock/punk, green for dance/techno, and yellow for hip hop/rap. Funny, there's no color for classical. So far it's been interpreting the screaming German operas as "hip hop". Yo, yo, yo, yo, yo -- word!
And for another random thought, I have realized that my ability to stay angry, upset, frazzled, and panicked has a natural self-limiting period. After 10 days, something inside me snaps, and whatever it was just doesn't bother me so much any more and I become all zen about whatever it is. New Year's Eve? All weepy, muttering, bad stomach, depressed. New Year's Day? All gone. Nothing, nada. Giggling at the enhanced version of Blazing Saddles, baking cookies and doing my nails.
So here's a bit of advice for you all. If you're going to do something heinous and really upset me, leave town for TWO WEEKS. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, and whatever you do DON'T LOOK BACK. Doesn't mean that I haven't plotted some revenge against you, of course, but at least you'll be dealing with a seemingly fully functional member of society. I'm not, of course, but that's another story. Some people have no idea what lucky sons-of-bitches they are.
Happy New Year, kids! I'm not sure whether I want another one just like last year or whether I'm really glad to have seen the back of it. It was an odd one, and certainly different. Let's see what 2006 holds.
First, I would like to introduce you to my newest pet. It's... the iDog!

I can honestly say that I was not expecting one of these for Christmas, but here he is. He dances to the music and you need to "feed" and pet him. You feed him with your music, either from the air, or you can input an audio device directly into it. He triples as a speaker for my iPod, although a tinny one. He barks, wags his head and ears, has multi-colored blinky lights on his head, and is a total skootch (skutch? -- Do we have someone who can spell Yiddish out there?) if the room goes quiet. If you tap his tail, he shuts up for five minutes, but growls at you. And like Data on ST:TNG, he does have a secret switch to shut him down.
However, you can tell that he's designed for a younger crowd, because the color of LED you see depends on what kind of music he's "fed" -- red for rock/punk, green for dance/techno, and yellow for hip hop/rap. Funny, there's no color for classical. So far it's been interpreting the screaming German operas as "hip hop". Yo, yo, yo, yo, yo -- word!
And for another random thought, I have realized that my ability to stay angry, upset, frazzled, and panicked has a natural self-limiting period. After 10 days, something inside me snaps, and whatever it was just doesn't bother me so much any more and I become all zen about whatever it is. New Year's Eve? All weepy, muttering, bad stomach, depressed. New Year's Day? All gone. Nothing, nada. Giggling at the enhanced version of Blazing Saddles, baking cookies and doing my nails.
So here's a bit of advice for you all. If you're going to do something heinous and really upset me, leave town for TWO WEEKS. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, and whatever you do DON'T LOOK BACK. Doesn't mean that I haven't plotted some revenge against you, of course, but at least you'll be dealing with a seemingly fully functional member of society. I'm not, of course, but that's another story. Some people have no idea what lucky sons-of-bitches they are.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home