It's Peeeeeeeple!
I happened to google my way across this site, and as I was browsing through it, I got a bit scared. Still not quite sure what this company actually creates and how they create it, but for some reason Soylent Green keeps popping into my head. That's natural, too. Run through the list of flavors, because apparently we can have all kinds of authentic tastes without the benefit of any real food.
Happy New Year to anyone out there who is still reading this site. One of these days something interesting enough might happen to rate an entry, although sometimes routine and boring can be good. I've started reading again -- just finished Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I had given it to someone for Christmas, which prompted me to pull out my old copy and read it again. Very good -- it's what I think Pratchett novels should be, except when I pull out Pratchett novels without a co-author, I don't really like them. I don't know why -- they are the kind of thing I usually love. But I like Christopher Moore and Douglas Adams better than Pratchett, and I wonder if I'd like some straight Neil Gaiman stuff.
I also have been watching DVDs, and in the last week have seen Sullivan's Travels, The Great McGinty, and Brief Encounter. Liked all of them, although on the Preston Sturges ones, neither tops Palm Beach Story. A great double feature night would be Sullivan's Travels and O Brother Where Art Thou?. I didn't realize how much of O Brother Where Art Thou? made specific reference to bits from Sullivan's Travels. Also, I was given a belated Christmas present of "To Be or Not To Be", so the Lubistch joke makes a bit more sense.
Happy Sunday, y'all.
I happened to google my way across this site, and as I was browsing through it, I got a bit scared. Still not quite sure what this company actually creates and how they create it, but for some reason Soylent Green keeps popping into my head. That's natural, too. Run through the list of flavors, because apparently we can have all kinds of authentic tastes without the benefit of any real food.
Happy New Year to anyone out there who is still reading this site. One of these days something interesting enough might happen to rate an entry, although sometimes routine and boring can be good. I've started reading again -- just finished Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I had given it to someone for Christmas, which prompted me to pull out my old copy and read it again. Very good -- it's what I think Pratchett novels should be, except when I pull out Pratchett novels without a co-author, I don't really like them. I don't know why -- they are the kind of thing I usually love. But I like Christopher Moore and Douglas Adams better than Pratchett, and I wonder if I'd like some straight Neil Gaiman stuff.
I also have been watching DVDs, and in the last week have seen Sullivan's Travels, The Great McGinty, and Brief Encounter. Liked all of them, although on the Preston Sturges ones, neither tops Palm Beach Story. A great double feature night would be Sullivan's Travels and O Brother Where Art Thou?. I didn't realize how much of O Brother Where Art Thou? made specific reference to bits from Sullivan's Travels. Also, I was given a belated Christmas present of "To Be or Not To Be", so the Lubistch joke makes a bit more sense.
Happy Sunday, y'all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home