Because She's Insane, or 'What I'm Doing on My Summer Vacation'
Yup, it's time for me to head off to another end of the earth with an unstable political situation (general strike, anyone?), sleeping only occasionally, carrying only one bag, living in the same clothes for weeks on end, and doing representational duties as an ambassador of something or other (this time, it's 'of song'). Just me and 219 of my closest friends.
No, it's not Kansas (although going to Kansas helped pay for this one); it's Africa! Details of the trip can be found here, and allegedly there will be an updated blog on that site as we trek across South Africa. The plane ride will be about as long, and I hope they let us see the ends of the movies this time.
Did I mention that it's going to be the winter rainy season? Joy of joys. I hope I don't get eaten by lions. Although if I'm jetlagged, cold, and wet enough, I hope I do.
Yup, it's time for me to head off to another end of the earth with an unstable political situation (general strike, anyone?), sleeping only occasionally, carrying only one bag, living in the same clothes for weeks on end, and doing representational duties as an ambassador of something or other (this time, it's 'of song'). Just me and 219 of my closest friends.
No, it's not Kansas (although going to Kansas helped pay for this one); it's Africa! Details of the trip can be found here, and allegedly there will be an updated blog on that site as we trek across South Africa. The plane ride will be about as long, and I hope they let us see the ends of the movies this time.
Did I mention that it's going to be the winter rainy season? Joy of joys. I hope I don't get eaten by lions. Although if I'm jetlagged, cold, and wet enough, I hope I do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home