Evel Knievel Dies at 69 - washingtonpost.com
How Sad, Kinda
I just saw this article on the death of Evel Knievel. It would have been way more fitting had he gone down in a motorcycle accident, or missing the bag on a ten-story fall, and not with diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis. I remember all the flashy stunts when I was a kid -- seemed kind of silly, but still, this wasn't a fitting way for him to go.
I just saw this article on the death of Evel Knievel. It would have been way more fitting had he gone down in a motorcycle accident, or missing the bag on a ten-story fall, and not with diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis. I remember all the flashy stunts when I was a kid -- seemed kind of silly, but still, this wasn't a fitting way for him to go.

1 Comments:
At 12:13 AM ,
Bet said...
Evel was kind of fun to watch as a kid, until he did that Snake River crap. That wasn't in a motorcycle - he was in a damn rocketship! Heah me? A rocketship! Then he went off the deep end and wasn't fun anymore.
But boy, remember the Wide World of Sports? It's a shame we don't have that, showing motorcycle bus jumping, and barrel jumping, and ski jumping. There was a lot of jumping on that show, wasn't there?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home