Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Saturday, October 06, 2007

CD Mix Challenge 5 Track Listing

Okay, let's pretend that I'm shocked that the CDs haven't quite made it to your mailboxes yet. What's wrong with the post office anyway? Oh yeah, they can't send them to you until you actually give them the mail. But that was all rectified yesterday, so the CDs are winging their way across the country to y'all now.

Here it is, folks. My list of CD tracks this year. I apologize for no amnesty song, but I hate throwing songs away, because anything I like I usually need in the next mix, and I’m like “damn, why did I make that an amnesty track?”

So here goes:

1. Song that has the same title as #18: “California” -- Lenny Kravitz. As I always say, Lord knows I love me some Lenny

2. Song about the moon: “Moon” -- David Poe

3. Fashion police: “I Got Shoes” -- Yale Glee Club

4. Song about one of the seasons: “Four Seasons in One Day” -- Crowded House. Why limit yourself to one?

5. “Title out of nowhere:” “Zorrro” -- The Bluetones. This is one I was very glad I didn’t amnesty the last time. ** Whoops, while I was typing out this list, I noticed I flipped this song and the next one on the playlist on the CD. Sorry.

6. Spell it out: “Initials” -- Hair soundtrack. This was an easy one, and the first one that popped into my head.

7. New song: “The Angry Mob” -- Kaiser Chiefs

8. A song that says goodbye: “Bye, Bye, Bye” -- Jellyfish. Who says it has to be a sad goodbye?

9. Home: “The Day I Get Home” -- Squeeze

10. A song that makes you sad: “Eleanor Rigby” -- The Beatles. An oldie but goodie, and some of the others that popped into my head have already been used.

11. Psycho: “Crazy She Calls Me: -- The Yale Alley Cats

12. Song everyone hates except you: “Wagon Train” -- Difford and Tilbrook. Just remember, you asked for it.

13. Four-letter word: “Time” -- Supergrass

14. Thanks: ‘Goodnight and Thank You” -- Evita soundtrack (Mandy Patinkin version!)

15. Song that you think should have been playing when you were born: “Saggy Diaper Blues” -- DaVinci’s Notebook

16. Kick-ass cover redux: “My Funny Valentine” -- Elvis Costello. Thanks for the previous category of “original of a favorite cover”.

17. Song about the sun: “Distant Sun” -- Crowded House. It was either two from these guys or two from the Beatles.

18. Song that has the same title as #1: “California” -- Phantom Planet. Thank heavens for i-Tunes, because sorting by song titles makes it easy to see where these duplicates are.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    Hi Lilly, Duke here.

    Thanks for the great CD mix. I really loved Saggy Diaper Blues, what an inspired choice.

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Lily said...

    Wow -- Duke, do you live next door to me or something? I'm amazed you got it so fast. I really did like that one. I initially had it pegged for the clothing song, and then I said "no way, that's the baby song".

     
  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Woo hoo! Got your CD!

    1. Why don't I listen to more Bluetones?

    2. I liked Saggy Diaper Blues, too.

    3. A good Squeeze, The Day I Get Home.

    4. However - Wagon Train! Oh, man, I am LOVING these #12s!

    Fun mix!

     
  • At 3:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love the phantom planet song. always have even when the oc used it as their title song. :)

    also a fan of supergrass.

    love evita, though i tend to prefer antonio banderas singing. i even like the hair soundtrack though i never thought i would.

    but i like rufus wainwright's cover of my funny valentine much better. i guess i'm just not a big fan of elvis costello. he covered "little boxes" for "weeds" and i just didn't care for that version either.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home