Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some End(ish)-of-week Funnies


While reading an article on the upcoming movie "27 Dresses", I found a reference to uglydresses.com. Now, as another reference point in the "why we know LilyG's a space alien", I must confess that I've never been in a wedding and have no bridesmaid's horrors in my closet. But I'm not regretting it at all.

There are all kinds of bad dresses on this site, but this one has got to be the worst of all times. It's wrong on so many levels -- the occasion, the design, the taste level -- everything. I think it's safe to say I will not be modeling this one any time soon.

And here's another one from Japan: The Hello Kitty Wedding Dress. I'm thinking that if you're still playing with Hello Kitty enough to put it on your wedding dress, you're not quite ready to get down to playing with some other kind of kitty, if you get my drift.

And these dresses had to be conceived of and paid for. Wow.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    The first one was awesomely horrible. It looked like they fell into a mechanical rice picker on the way to the prom.

    The wedding dress was very elaborate. Someone put a lot of time into it. I imagine all the 8 year old brides will be getting one this year.

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Our friendship is officially over.

    How DARE you make fun of my prom dress!

    You're horrible!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home