Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Monday, February 08, 2010

Still Here, Waiting for the Next Blast

Okay, I've really had enough now. Boy and I have been off work and school since Friday morning, and school is closed tomorrow too. My street is mostly plowed, but most still aren't. This was nasty, wet, heavy snow and all the trees are hanging over power lines. We have been VERY fortunate to not have lost any power, but I don't know what's next because...

THEY"RE CALLING FOR ANOTHER 10 INCHES OF SNOW TOMORROW ON TOP OF THE TWO FEET THAT"S ALREADY DOWN AND TURNED TO ICE!!!!

In the last 10 days, we've already had three snowstorms, with a totals of eight inches, four inches and 20+ inches. Tomorrow we're getting 5-10 more. All of this in a municipality that essentially still behaves like it's in the South, so snow removal plans are spotty.

Boy and I went to church yesterday (across the street, 25 people showed up, including one guy on skis), and then went down the street for lunch today to the local Cosi. Tomorrow morning, we may walk to the grocery store to give us something to do and see what's left to buy (probably not much). Then we're in here until the Fourth of July.

Just pray for my power to stay on -- if we lose power, we lose water and walking up and down 9 flights with Boy could be....interesting.

*Whoops, I was so busy grumbling I posted before I could put in the happy snap. Here you go:

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    That looks horrible. One reason I moved to the deep south was to get away from crap like 3 ft of snow in a week. I had my belly full of it.

    Although I'm knee deep in a red state of idiot bible thumpers who think the earth is flat it's still a good trade.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home