Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Friday, February 23, 2007

Another Wonderful Obituary

As I was flipping through the Washington Post today, I saw a great obituary. The Post has a need to categorize the deceased in a few words. There are lots of "accountants", "homemakers", "teachers", "volunteers", and the occasional "CIA agent" and "Ladies' Auxiliary Member". But today there was a great one. They simply couldn't pigeonhole this man, so under his name was the title "Gadabout". And he did seem to go about much gadding.

I'm betting Mr. Jones was charming and delightful to know, but I suspect his wives deserve sainthood for being married to him, or at least used the phrase "can't live with him, can't kill him" more than once.

Good on you, Robert Evans Jones, Gadabout.

Now Blogger did seem to try to trick me into upgrading this evening. I think I avoided it, but I'm not too sure. Fingers and toes crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home