Maliki Gives Shiite Militias 72 Hours to Halt Fighting - New York Times
Maliki Gives Shiite Militias 72 Hours to Halt Fighting
Ha, ha, ha. This reminds of the classic English bobby shouting "stop, stop, or I'll shout stop some more". I know he means well, but next to the world "feckless" in the dictionary, there's Nuri's picture.
On a separate note, if one is "feckless" that means one is lacking "feck". Just what is "feck" other than an obscure participle version of the fornication verb?
Ha, ha, ha. This reminds of the classic English bobby shouting "stop, stop, or I'll shout stop some more". I know he means well, but next to the world "feckless" in the dictionary, there's Nuri's picture.
On a separate note, if one is "feckless" that means one is lacking "feck". Just what is "feck" other than an obscure participle version of the fornication verb?

2 Comments:
At 3:08 PM ,
Duke said...
Yeah, Maliki is all feck'd up.
I had no idea about the origins of feckless so I looked it up. It appears to a Scottish twisting of effect...as in someone having no effect. Effectless became feckless. Sorta makes sense in a weird way.
At 3:45 PM ,
Bet said...
I like the word feckless. "Dear, you're just lacking in feck."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home