Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Monday, February 11, 2008

Huh?

I know I'm kind of clueless overall at the moment, but I saw this sign on the way home today on a church message board:

"If God is your copilot, change seats!"

I honestly can say I have no idea what that means. What is the message there? I thought we're supposed to want God as our copilot.

I'm also getting very popular. In the last 24 hours I've gotten phone calls from Bill and Hillary Clinton. Even though they were recordings, it gave me great glee to hang up on them. I think she's in big trouble in Virginia. I don't know a single Democrat planning to vote for her, and most Republicans I know are also going out to vote for Obama. We'll see.

Hmm, looking at the tags I'm using below, I realize I need to add one more thought in order to have this post hit all the subjects one should avoid at the dinner table. I wish I had more thoughts on sex at the moment, but I'm kind of not in the mindset for that right now, unless it gets the Monkey jumpstarted on his path here. I wonder what position I'd have to use?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    Clueless Person: Don't worry about a plane crash. No one dies until it's your time to go.
    Nervous person: But what if it's the copiliot's time?

    Seems to me it doesn't matter what seat you're on. Everyone there pretty much shares a common destiny. You could jump out a window I guess. Like you, I can't make any sense from that sign.

    Isn't that little bundle of joy due any time?

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Lily said...

    He's getting evicted in eight days if he doesn't decide to choose his own time to show up. But who's counting?

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Hold out for the 26th! It won't be too uncomfortable.

    Here's the thing. I'm sure they mean, God should be your pilot. However, to me it means that if you decided to switch places with God, you're going to be in passenger seat on the highway and an invisible being is going to be at the wheel.

    I know God is talented and all, but that just says "car wreck" to me. And you can't be in the carpool lane, either.

     
  • At 9:31 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    You're getting close now. Unless you take Bet's advice and hang on a few days longer.

    I can't imagine going through that. Good thing women have the kids cause men wouldn't do it. We'd say you want us to do WHAT??? and stagger off for some golf. This would be the last generation on earth.

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Lily said...

    It's actually been difficult at this time of this month to try to find a day where the kid doesn't have to have a birthday on a holiday or share. We've got conflicts on the 14th, 16th, 22d, 25th, and 26th. I wish they would have let me go to Leap Day, though.

    However, the Monkey's head is now firmly pressed on my sciatic nerve, so I'm essentially not mobile any more and I want him out so I can walk again. I keep poking him to move, but he just thinks it's a big game and keeps poking me back.

    I thought about it some more and also had thought that maybe that's what they meant, viewing the "co-pilot" role as subordinate to the pilot. But it's still kind of silly.

     
  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    I personally think all kids should be born on Christmas. That way you never forget their birthday and can get all the gift giving over at once.

    I think they meant God should be the pilot, not the co-pilot. If He's the co-pilot it implies you're the pilot and in charge, not Him, and you should change seats. Putting yourself above God isn't a good thing to them obviously. Still a silly wording and sorta stupid to put on a sign.

    Hang in there! Tell the little begger to stay off your nerves although he'll probably be getting on one nerve or other for the rest of your life. He's starting too early though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home