Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why? Why Would You Want This?


Call me a luddite, but honestly, I don't get this. I find this an interesting item to come across on the same day when one of the news shows pointed out the statistic that American consumer debt has doubled since the turn of the century, and they're not talking 1900.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Oh, given the right bathtub, I could really enjoy one of these.

    Oh, wait - I don't think I have a bathroom wall 57 inches long.

    This debt thing. I don't get it either - it's you deserve what you want, and right now. I blame permissive parents. Keep that in mind!

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger Lily said...

    Don't worry. I'm going to be the meanest Mommy out there (in both senses of the word). Somehow I can't see the Monkey having a cell phone before he has a job to pay for it, and I'm thinking there's no tv in his room, and I'm still unsure about a computer. And we definitely have years to think about it.

     
  • At 1:46 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    This from a person who bought a sports car for a 10 year old who now has a Swedish babysitter/girlfriend.

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    The recent concentration of wealth does weird things and requires us to rethink how we view the world I guess. As the average person does downhill, all their money is channeled into a few people's pockets, creating a whole new market. We have millions more people now who could buy a TV like that and not blink an eye.

    There are enough of them to create a whole new market to cater to. Several of the car companies are bringing out new $150,000 cars this fall. I just read an article where the next housing boom will be ulta expensive houses for the elite.

    There is as much money in circulation now as there ever has been. The money supply hasn't shrunk. It's just not in the hands of the middle class any more. That doesn't mean it won't be spent though. The rich spend it too and there is many times more of them now than ever. A huge market to go after.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home