Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Okay, I feel bad as this blog has been a bit empty lately. So here are some truly random thoughts.

1. It's nearly Thanksgiving. Everyone's all excited about the food and the feast, but my reaction is a typical "meh". My friend is insisting on making a turkey, but it's just the two of us, so we're doing a turkey breast instead. The rest of our conversation on the menu is almost funny. "You want me to make stuffing?" "No, I don't eat it" "Mashed potatoes?" "If you want, but I'm not going to eat them." "Sweet potatoes?" "God no, those are foul, especially with the marshmallows" 'Okay, I'll make a green bean casserole then." "Okay -- although I think I only tried that once, what's in it?" (Data point four that I am a space alien, BTW). I'm also making a pumpkin cheesecake, the ingredients for which are sitting on the kitchen counter at the moment, cranberry sauce (done last night -- yay!), and something with a spaghetti squash. However, I'm getting a cold and may just blow the whole thing off for a day on the couch in jammies with Chinese food and cheesy DVDs. And my friend is fast seeing the brilliance of that plan herself.

2. What the heck is this song that I occasionally hear on the radio and want to download on iTunes? I hear it on the Clear-channel type faux "indie" stations. The lead singer is a male with a gruff voice. The beat is somewhat funky. I would think that the title would be something like "Just a little bit more" (that's the growly/shouting end of the chorus line) or something like "One step" or "First step" because the chorus is something like, "one/first step and I like it (something something) two/second step (something something).... just a little bit moooorre". I would think that the band would be something along the lines of Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Hoobestank, etc. I know this is hard, but if Mike's around, he'll probably get it in four notes or less.

3. Why can't radio stations announce what it is they're playing? It's not like they overburden their stations with actual songs -- maybe three an hour in between commercials, banter and contests.

4. My current earworm is "Glow" by Alien Ant Farm. The rest of their stuff seems pretty bad, but this one is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home