So What's Your Vote...?
... on the scariest part of the Michael Jackson 'tribute' today? It was like watching a train wreck -- we had the televisions on at work and couldn't deal with the U.S.-based news organizations' blather, so we switched over to the BBC, which unfortunately also carried the whole thing live. While I didn't see the whole thing, we couldn't help but stop and stare and various portions of it.
My vote was for Mariah Carey, the hand gestures, and the outfit. A black sequined tight dress, cut down to there at 11 am in the morning to a funeral. Although allowing his daughter to speak in front of the audience was also up there. It choked me up, because despite the train wreck that MIchael Jackson was, there were three kids who lost their daddy, and having to deal with the extended train wreck of a clan they're now living with. Or perhaps all the children marching on stage for the finale, because now all that previous...unpleasantness that the recently departed went through is all scrubbed away.
I do hope the guy finds more peace where he is now than he had on earth, I really do. But just when you thought it couldn't get weirder...
... on the scariest part of the Michael Jackson 'tribute' today? It was like watching a train wreck -- we had the televisions on at work and couldn't deal with the U.S.-based news organizations' blather, so we switched over to the BBC, which unfortunately also carried the whole thing live. While I didn't see the whole thing, we couldn't help but stop and stare and various portions of it.
My vote was for Mariah Carey, the hand gestures, and the outfit. A black sequined tight dress, cut down to there at 11 am in the morning to a funeral. Although allowing his daughter to speak in front of the audience was also up there. It choked me up, because despite the train wreck that MIchael Jackson was, there were three kids who lost their daddy, and having to deal with the extended train wreck of a clan they're now living with. Or perhaps all the children marching on stage for the finale, because now all that previous...unpleasantness that the recently departed went through is all scrubbed away.
I do hope the guy finds more peace where he is now than he had on earth, I really do. But just when you thought it couldn't get weirder...
Labels: Michael Jackson, overkill

3 Comments:
At 2:07 AM ,
Duke said...
I didn't watch any of the Jackson circus but it required turing off the TV for the entire day.
What gets me is his death is only the begining. His will will be contested numerous times along with who gets custody of the kids. The natural mother isn't going to give up the money those kids inherit without a fight. She'll fight for custody.
Then people will come out of the woodwork claiming Jackson owed them money. His family will fight each other over how the estate is divided too. Courts will ignore the will and start splitting things up willy nilly.
This stuff will go on for years and years. Everthing Michael Jackson touched was weird and warped including his own death.
At 11:17 AM ,
Bet said...
My vote goes to the choir singing "Soon and very soon, we are going to meet the King" while they were carrying in the casket. That made me want to bathe. Then I had to leave for work after lunch and didn't get to see the rest till last night.
Had I stayed home I'd have seen Mariah Carey in her "funeral dress" (loved your take on that) and annoying hand gestures, and frankly crappy-ass voice. What is the hoopla about her? She sucks.
Actually, the only thing I thought was kind of nice were the stories told by Brooke Shields and Magic Johnson. Nice human stories instead of deifying the recently deceased.
At 7:01 PM ,
Lily said...
I also missed a fantastic one -- I hadn't seen the Corey Feldman pictures dressed up as Michael with the glove when I wrote this.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home