Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cool Toy Day!

Yesterday, I brought home another baby. (No, not a real one -- I heard y'all on the Hucklebug -- there's nothing going on on that front). I am now the proud parent of a 27-inch iMac! It's a monster. But it really is like bringing home another member of the family. I teared up a little when I had to put the old iMac back in its box -- it had been a good little computer, and never totally crapped out on me in seven years of service. The Boy may get it when he's a little older.

I had to figure out what to do with it, so I joined Facebook. I'm not sure I have the hang of it yet. I'm happy with my blog -- I get blogs and it's not a thousand things being shouted at me at once. So far it seems like everyone is surfing it all the time. I comment, and 20 seconds later someone is commenting back or something. But I'm there, finally. You can all back off now.

However, by far the coolest thing I brought home wasn't the monster, but the iPod nano. Holy crap. This thing is slightly wider and thicker than a credit card, but shorter. It's got a color screen, a video camera, an FM radio, a pedometer, and it can probably wash my car. I almost wish it was bigger, so it would be easier to hold, especially when taking video. Now I have to figure out how to do stuff with video. So far, the Boy won't really sit still to let me take video of him. He wants to see what the little red chip thing is doing.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    Yeah for the new goodies! You must have a HUGE tax rebate :)

    I've been using a 28 inch monitor the last few years. You'll love the 27 inch screen on yours. Big screens transform the computer from a rinky dink nothing to a nice user interface. Videos and movies are large enough to watch. Pictures jump out large and impressive. You can open multiple windows and still have them big enough to see and use. There is no downside to a big screen other than desktop space. I'll probably go with one even bigger when this dies.

    We'll be looking for those nano movies soon!

     
  • At 1:36 AM , Blogger Bet said...

    Wheee! I love new toys!

    And yes, I find it incredibly strange watching the one or two videos I have on the ipod. I feel like I need to restrict it to one eye.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home