Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Monday, March 22, 2010

Inside Facebook



I recently joined Facebook and was sent this link by a friend -- her son is the "notification dude". Very funny.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    How are you liking facebook? It was of limited use to me. I have an account with a few work friends on it but haven't logged on in months.

    It seems like a good place for sharing pictures and stuff with your family, especially if they're scattered all over the place. Other than that, not so much.

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Lily said...

    I'm with you on that. I think it's a great way to keep in touch with people that you used to hear from once a year with a Christmas card. It's fun to see people from high school in s "where are they now" kind of way. But if you even want to rant with more than 450 characters, you have to come here. What I found most interesting with people my age is that when I sent a "friend" request to a few people, I would get back a phone call or a really long e-mail. Because we're geezers and we don't find Facebook to be actual communication.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    Facebook is only actual communication if you have nothing to communicate. Apparently a lot of people fit that category.

    I think it's possible to have a Facebook "friend" for 20 years and never know anything about them at all. You have to already know people and then use facebook as a way to swap trivial and pictures. For that it seems ok.

    But these kids who's main social interaction is from social web sites? They have nothing.

     
  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    March 22 since your last post? You slacker.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home