Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Today, as I was sitting at my desk at work, I realize that it was, to the minute, exactly one year ago today that I left Kansas. I remembered the feeling as I realized that I had finally crossed the invisible line out of Kansas' airspace into the real world and wouldn't have to go back. It was the only time I got emotional the entire trip -- I finally allowed myself to be scared.

Second bonus -- on the way home from work today I finally heard that earworm again and really paid attention to the lyrics. The song is "Little Bit More" by Tony C. & The Truth. I was able to google the lyrics better, and because I got online within the hour, the radio-station playlist was showing the song. It's downloading on iTunes as I type. Okay, so the lyrics are bit misogynistic, but I like the tune. Sue me. It's America, it's your right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home