Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Someone over at CNN.com has a sense of humor. The author is also 100% right -- what on earth are we coming to? A nation of joyless, humorless people sucking the life out of our five-year-olds. Now even though I can't eat them, for heaven's sake give the furry guy his big old plate of chocolate chip cookies!

Everyone sing after me: "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me. C is for cookie, that's good enough for me. C is for cookie that's good enough for me, oh cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.....!!!"

I was going to blog about my excursion to NYC last weekend, but it was relatively uneventful. I'd post pictures of Bogie The Puppy, but when I got them home they honestly were EXACTLY the same pictures as from Christmas -- I even seem to have taken them from the exact same spot and angle. There was a lot of sideways rain in Manhattan, so umbrellas were pointless. I did do my religious duty and run over to St. Patrick's Cathedral on Sunday morning for mass -- I just followed the hordes of TV trucks camped outside. I have no idea why the trucks needed to camp out outside the church, but there they were.

I did score a killer suite in my hotel, though. When I checked in, the man behind the desk said "will a king suite be good?". I figured that this was one of those places that decides to call everything a "suite", indicating that perhaps there might be room to swing a small kitten and an end table that doubles as a desk and had a king-sized bed instead of two doubles. So I head up to the top floor of the hotel, and the room key is for one of those rooms that has two numbers. The guy was NOT exaggerating. This was a huge suite -- the living room there was bigger than the one in my condo, and the furniture was nicer. I had a gorgeous marble bathroom with separate shower, tub, and toilet room. It seemed like such a shame to waste it -- I wanted to call everyone I knew in New York and tell them to come over and party in my hotel room. However, I only had an hour to get ready for our banquet, so no pre-dinner drinkies at Lily's. Next time, I'll plan ahead.

Happy Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home