A Slippery Slope
As much as I rail against the culture of narcissism that pervades the modern world, particularly the internet, I have now gone and done something to see how many people love me. If you will note at the bottom of my blog page, there is now a little "site meter" icon (Thanks, Mr. Middlebrow, for the suggestion). Now I can obsessively check my stats to see who's paying attention to me. I think the answers will be a bit depressing -- as far as I can tell, I have a readership of two. (Hi Betster and Duke!).
At what point will I be tempted to put things in my blog to get hits? Hmmm.
Michael Jackson secret life.
Britney Spears child custody.
Sex, sex, sex
Government conspiracy aliens.
Nope, don't think I'll hit that point soon.
As much as I rail against the culture of narcissism that pervades the modern world, particularly the internet, I have now gone and done something to see how many people love me. If you will note at the bottom of my blog page, there is now a little "site meter" icon (Thanks, Mr. Middlebrow, for the suggestion). Now I can obsessively check my stats to see who's paying attention to me. I think the answers will be a bit depressing -- as far as I can tell, I have a readership of two. (Hi Betster and Duke!).
At what point will I be tempted to put things in my blog to get hits? Hmmm.
Michael Jackson secret life.
Britney Spears child custody.
Sex, sex, sex
Government conspiracy aliens.
Nope, don't think I'll hit that point soon.
Labels: blog, Internet, statistics

2 Comments:
At 2:15 AM ,
Duke said...
Hi Lily!
I've had site metering on my blog since day one. It's interesting to see who hits your blog and what pulls them over. Sometimes it's a search engine or another blog link. Often it's just an accident.
I've experimented with different topics and they indeed drastically change your traffic. Anything topical will pull a lot of people in but they only stay a few seconds and leave.
Give us a report soon!
At 1:29 PM ,
stennie said...
I read, but you might not catch me on your site meter, since I read through Google Reader. That's also why I rarely comment -- however, in this case I had to, so you'd know I'm out here too. Hi Lily!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home