Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fear and Loathing in the Middle East

Okay, I know it's been a while, but I don't like to do political on Facebook.

I like how the the Arab League has decided to kick Libya out of the Arab League until Qadhdhafi agrees to make concessions to the protesters. They are standing in solidarity with the people of Libya.

The way I see it, is all these guys see a weirdo outcast dictator that no one actually likes and will back, and they're climbing on while saying "yeah, just make sure you don't look over here! Ignore the man behind the curtain! Let me just escape with my regime by the skin of my teeth!"

Kinda like some other dictator in the region who was helped out of power in 2003 by the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    It'll be interesting to see how this mideast thing turns out. I think we read too much into it. Seems like the usual protest over a tinpot dictator to me rather than a rising tide of democracy. I suspect when it's all said and done Egypt and the rest will have another dictator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home