Because I'm a Copycat, and Yearend Roundup

Which Old Testament Character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Sounds like a bit of a prat, actually.
Happy New Year to All! I was thinking about doing a top ten CDs of the year, but I don't think I bought 10 CDs that came out this year. I can only think of three, and they don't really count because they were the Glenn Tilbrook and two Elvis Costellos, and I buy all their stuff anyway without having heard a track beforehand.
Okay, I just went and checked. There was also Lenny Kravitz' Baptism, but Lenny is pretty much near Glenn and Elvis in terms of how much motivation I need to buy an album. Solid Lenny, but not his best. And then there was the album that I do NOT remember buying -- The Slow Wonder by A.C. Newman. The opening track, Miracle Drug, is very good. But you know how I know that I even had this album? This track, Miracle Drug, is the first song on my iPod if by mistake I hit "play" without selecting a playlist. I guess the master list is sorted by artist and then track number, unlike my master library list on iTunes, which is sorted by song alphabetically. If I were to start at the top of that list, the first song would be "...And In Every Home" by Elvis. So if I were to put them in order, it would be:
1. Transatlantic Ping Pong
2. The Delivery Man
3. Baptism
4. Il Sogno (it's decent background music, but I don't really 'listen' to it)
5. The Slow Wonder - not really moved by some of the songs.
Woo! Excitement!
As for top ten movies, I definitely didn't see ten movies that came out this year. I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Ocean's Twelve, Team America, Garden State, and Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. With the exception of Eternal Sunshine, which was number one on the list, the other four all rank as pretty good to okay in no particular order, all entertaining enough but not particularly memorable. Okay, it's not like I won't buy Ocean's Twelve on DVD, but that's just because I'm sad and lonely. Or for when I'm sad or lonely -- something along those lines. I might go see Sideways this afternoon, because everyone said it was very good. But that would involve getting dressed and going out, so we'll see.

Which Old Testament Character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Sounds like a bit of a prat, actually.
Happy New Year to All! I was thinking about doing a top ten CDs of the year, but I don't think I bought 10 CDs that came out this year. I can only think of three, and they don't really count because they were the Glenn Tilbrook and two Elvis Costellos, and I buy all their stuff anyway without having heard a track beforehand.
Okay, I just went and checked. There was also Lenny Kravitz' Baptism, but Lenny is pretty much near Glenn and Elvis in terms of how much motivation I need to buy an album. Solid Lenny, but not his best. And then there was the album that I do NOT remember buying -- The Slow Wonder by A.C. Newman. The opening track, Miracle Drug, is very good. But you know how I know that I even had this album? This track, Miracle Drug, is the first song on my iPod if by mistake I hit "play" without selecting a playlist. I guess the master list is sorted by artist and then track number, unlike my master library list on iTunes, which is sorted by song alphabetically. If I were to start at the top of that list, the first song would be "...And In Every Home" by Elvis. So if I were to put them in order, it would be:
1. Transatlantic Ping Pong
2. The Delivery Man
3. Baptism
4. Il Sogno (it's decent background music, but I don't really 'listen' to it)
5. The Slow Wonder - not really moved by some of the songs.
Woo! Excitement!
As for top ten movies, I definitely didn't see ten movies that came out this year. I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Ocean's Twelve, Team America, Garden State, and Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. With the exception of Eternal Sunshine, which was number one on the list, the other four all rank as pretty good to okay in no particular order, all entertaining enough but not particularly memorable. Okay, it's not like I won't buy Ocean's Twelve on DVD, but that's just because I'm sad and lonely. Or for when I'm sad or lonely -- something along those lines. I might go see Sideways this afternoon, because everyone said it was very good. But that would involve getting dressed and going out, so we'll see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home