Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Silly Season Time

Because I'm not used to living in a state where there's an active campaign, I didn't really recognize it when I got it. Today, I opened my mailbox and got a DVD called "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West". I was mildly perturbed, because it had my full name on it, which isn't out there all that much. What was this? Why was it being sent to me? The mailman happened to still be standing there, so I asked him if he'd delivered a lot of these and was spamming the whole building, or was it just a few. He said he'd had them for about 3/4 of the building, so it was indeed a mass-market spamming.

When I got upstairs, I looked at it more closely. The mailing was from The Clarion Fund I defy you to find any useful information about this organization on that website. According to various Google searches, it's either a McCain shill thing or a Jewish thing. However, I did uncover that they were sending 28 million of these DVDs to the swing states, and suddenly I realized what people in Florida must feel like very four years. I'm getting freebies from public influence groups! Woo hoo! My vote matters!

There's still no way I'm sticking this in my computer. Wake me up when it's mid-November.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    One thing's for sure. Mailing out 28 million DVDs isn't cheap. That outfit is financed by some heavy rollers in business who have that kind of loot to spend on a pet project.

    To this day no one has ever told us why radical islam hates us. Best you get is stuff like they are jealous of our freedoms and stupid-ass shit like that.

    I seriously doubt the DVD would enlighten you much though. I imagine it would turn your stomach.

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Bet said...

    I got one too! Threw it away unwatched, but I got one! We're special!

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    I didn't get one. It's as I always expected, I'm just not special.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home