Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Friday, November 28, 2008

Why I Don't Go To Wally-World

I heard about this story today and I was astonished. Just what the hell is so important to buy that you need to kill someone for? I'm going to say something very unpopular here, but if the only way you can afford a computer is to buy it at $300 or die trying, then maybe you shouldn't have one. Figure out what you can afford to pay, shop around for a decent price and get it. If you can't find something that inexpensive, that item is out of your reach and move on. I'd like a new computer, but I don't have the extra cash for it right now. That's life. I don't have a flat screen tv. Horrors!

People are nuts.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM , Blogger Bet said...

    It has nothing to do with affordability. Mob mentality. Everyone else is going to try to be there elbowing and grabbing, so you'd better be too. When all the people like that are amassed in one place, nothing good can happen.

     
  • At 1:19 AM , Blogger Duke said...

    I don't know why you'd say your statements will be unpopular. It's all completely true.

    Like Bet says, it's just a mob of people who don't care about anything but getting to that cheap item they saw in the paper.

    I'm not sure why anyone goes out on black friday anyway. You have 365 days to shop. Why pick the worst of those days to do it? Pretty stoopid.

    Nothing great about the sales either. Most really items are gone long before you can get one. In the end you don't save anything on black friday.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home