Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Gentlemen, live and learn.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    The vid is well done and I appreciate the stereotypes it's making fun of, but the underlying message is actually quiet disturbing.

    It's telling people it's perfectly ok to be ungrateful and throw gifts back in the face of the giver. That you're justified to actually get mad at a person for taking time to get you something.

    The outfit is obviously pushing jewerly but those messages are pretty horrible. It was funny and well done though.

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Lily said...

    I think it stereotypes them both. Maybe I'm just old, but I think I'd be jazzed with a nice vacuum (although I'd want a Dyson or nothing). It also stereotypes women as golddigging shallow vessels as well. However, there is somewhat of a reverse "Gift of the Magi" thing going on here. The women need to understand why the men thought these were good gifts (although I did have to cringe at Mr. Thighmaster), and the men need to think more like women to see what they'd appreciate. But I'm weird, I tend to understand why men do things like this and get why they're jazzed and I get jazzed about the gift because they're so excited about it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home