Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finally, Complaint Rock is Dead

On the radio station I listen to on the drive home (yes, I know, how 20th century), the DJ looooves Pearl Jam. He was getting all excited about how a friend of his was talking to him, and saying, "you know, I really like that new song, you know, the one that goes like this....". He gets all giddy, and says "I knew she was going to say the Pearl Jam song" and informs her "ha, it's Pearl Jam!" To which she says "wow, that doesn't sound like Pearl Jam at all". So then he plays it.

It's poppy, upbeat, and got a good tune to it. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, after millions of dollars, years of success, chicks and drugs galore, they realized that maybe, just maybe their lives didn't entirely suck? Not sure why the DJ seemed so pleased. The rest of us had been bored crapless by the grunge-light drivel they'd been putting out for years, talking about misery and depression. I never got Pearl Jam at all, and I still don't, really.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    I've maybe listened to 2 minutes of Pearl Jam and that's 2 minutes too much. What a sucky band.

    In the car I alternate between nutcase neocon and nutcase liberal talk shows. Not sure why because neither of them has anything worthwhile to say. Guess I do it because I can't the music on the other channels.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home