Random dumb thoughts

This page is to put those little weirdnesses of life that don't really fit anywhere else, or aren't worth a page of their own

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Top Five Phrases Parents Don't Like To Say Over the Phone

1. "So just how much blood is there?"

2. "Are all his teeth still there?"

3. "Stitches? Really?"

4. "We want the close hospital or the good hospital?"

5. "Oh, so you can't stop the bleeding."

Disclaimer - the Boy is just fine. I did, however, say all of the above on the phone today to daycare and the pediatrician. He just got overenthusiastic about playing with a toy and running, fell down, and really jammed his gum and teeth on it. As with many mouth injuries, there was a lot of blood. They were having trouble getting the bleeding to taper off, probably because he doesn't like people touching his mouth. They described some kind of 'hole' in the piece between his gum and inside lip, hence the discussion of stitches and hospitals.

However, by the time I got there, he was sitting around the little table with his friends having snack, and he was kind of annoyed when I took him away to get a look inside his mouth. It was a little swollen, and I saw the tear they meant, but it didn't look too bad. I took him to the pediatrician to see if stitches really were an option (who wants to go hang in an ER to find out with a wriggly one-year-old?), and she said "nah", so we went home. Crisis averted. I'm sure I'll get to that ER yet.

So Bet, what did Milo do today? I hope he's okay. Parallel universes and all.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger Duke said...

    Sounds like a scary conversation to me. I'm glad it all worked out. Kids and accidents go together like peanut butter and jelly. Hard to have one without the other.

    Looking back on my childhood it's amazing I'm still alive. Kids get a lot of boo boos I guess.

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger Bet said...

    Aww, baby's first injury!

    Milo's fine, but he's killing me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home